LITTLE LAMB LAVENDER
Our programs and products place health, happiness and wellbeing at the forefront. Like many folks, we are rethinking the way we do business. This year, we have taken a step back from the face-to-face experiences to focus on developing our lavender farm and launching a brand new line of lavender-based
products through an e-commerce Web site. Stay tuned for our new Web site launch in July 2021.
PURCHASE A GIFT CERTIFICATE
SUPPORT LOCAL BC
Summer Job Opportunity
We are seeking a part-time Farm Helper and Marketing Assistant for the 2021summer season.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Beginning June 1 - end of August, 2021. 15 hours per week with some flexibility.
Wage: $18 / hour
● Assist in the development of farm infrastructure (rain water system, irrigation system, etc.)
● Maintain existing garden beds and help to plan/build new gardens
● Monitor the health of lavender plants and greenscapes
● Conduct research and implement best practices to help lavender thrive (soil tests, permaculture practices)
● Water, feed, plant and harvest
● Mow lawns, weed gardens and keep green spaces and walkways clean and tidy
● Assist with organization, packaging and shipping / receiving of new product line
● Ensure office area is clean and organized
● Assist with updating pages, products and tracking inventory on new Web site
● Implement social media strategies to build and engage followers on social media channels, increase brand
awareness and generate traffic to Web site by:
○ Writing articles and tutorials for BLOG
○ Creating and managing promotions
○ Producing weekly content
○ Filming and editing short videos
○ Taking photos and building a repository of digital images
○ Building our email database and assisting with design and deployment of e-newsletters
Skills and Qualities:
● Interest in learning about lavender and new ways to leverage social media marketing
● Science background or marketing background or farm experience is an asset
● Positive attitude, willingness to roll up your sleeves and learn plus EXCELLENT written and oral
communication skills are a must
● Computer knowledge, graphic design and experience in social media marketing is an asset
● Ability to take initiative, work independently and follow direction
This job combines some amazing aspects including working outdoors on the farm and being an integral part of building a new business venture. You will work closely with Naomi Nyuli, who has been an entrepreneur and communications
consultant for most of her career. There will be lots of mentorship and learning opportunities. You are responsible for
your own transportation to/from the Black Horse Ranch in Driftwood, located 15 minutes from downtown Smithers.
Covid protocols must be followed. You must be 30 years old or younger. Access to hiking trails and to riding our
horses are also possibilities.
Please email your cover letter and resume to by May 15th, 2021. Only selected candidates will be contacted and interviews will take place via Zoom.